Before you get started with your 30-day free trial, below are some common questions that you might be wondering about.
- What happens when the trial ends?
- Can I extend or skip the trial?
- Will I lose my documents if I don’t subscribe?
- I don’t want to subscribe after the trial, do I need to do anything?
- I have a legacy license, will I lose it if I subscribe to Sketch?
- My device is registered with my license, how do I register it with the trial?
What happens when the trial ends?
At the end of the trial, you would need to add billing and credit card details in order to activate the subscription and continue using Sketch.
You can choose to be billed $99 USD per editor yearly or $9 USD per editor, monthly.
Can I extend or skip the trial?
In general, we do not offer trial extensions. Once the trial period ends, you will need to add valid billing and credit card details in order to keep your subscription active.
We can however offer to skip the trial period upon your request. Before we skip the trial period, please note:
- The credit card on file will be charged immediately after the trial is ended.
- You will need to keep a valid card on file at all times.
- The trial can’t be reinstated.
Will I lose my documents if I don’t subscribe?
No. If you don’t subscribe to Sketch once your 30-day trial period is over, documents saved within the Workspace will become read-only.
I don’t want to subscribe after the trial, do I need to do anything?
If you don’t want to subscribe to Sketch once the trial is over, there are no further actions needed — your Workspace will automatically expire, and the documents saved within the Workspace will turn into a read-only.
You will be able to reactivate your Workspace at any point by adding valid billing and credit card details.
I have a legacy license, will I lose it if I subscribe to Sketch?
You will no longer need to use your legacy Mac-only license once you subscribe to Sketch; your subscription includes the Mac app.
If you still have an active Mac-only license, please get in touch with our support team — we’ll help you make the switch to a subscription.
My device is registered with my license, how do I register it with the trial?
If your device is still registered with a legacy license, you’ll first need to unlink it via Sketch > Preferences > Account > Personal License > Unlink Device.
You can then register the Mac app as an Editor using your email and password combination with the below steps:
- Visit our release page and download your preferred version of our Mac app onto the device. Once the download is complete, install the app by dragging the Sketch icon to the ‘Applications’ folder.
- Launch the Mac app.
- Click on the Sign In button.
- Enter your email + password combination and click on the Sign In button.
If you decide not to subscribe after your 30-day trial and remain with your license account, it is possible to re-register your device by inserting your existing license key number.